Saturday, May 23, 2009

Becca Hansen: Fan of the Ugly Stick?

My dad and I are both stubborn, it's a Hansen thing, because we are so stubborn we are always getting into arguments over trivial things. The one topic we always come back to is; which sex is more likely to date someone who isn't quite up to the standard of good looking. Of course, as a girl my stance is that girls are more likely to date a guy who most people would consider ugly. And my dad takes the boys side. My experience is that I see pretty girls with ugly guys all the time, very rarely do I see a good looking guy with an ugly girl. My dad and I can go on about this forever, never getting anywhere because we are hard-headed.

A couple of weeks ago my dad unknowingly helped my point. And this is me rubbing it in his face because I didn't want to get into it at the time. My dad has supplied with weapon that I will use every time we start our who is more shallow debate. Here's how it all went down.

It all started when my family and I were discussing the 100th episode of Lost a week after we watched it.

Becca: "Oh yeah, Daniel Faraday was shot by his mom!"

Discussing of Eloise shooting her own son and how she can fix it plot.

Becca: "I'm bummed Daniel died. I was totally crushing."

Dad: "He's ugly! And wimpy." (Referring to the fact that Daniel Faraday is weedy)

Holly: Saying something about Daniel not being good looking and scrawny.

Becca: "I like weedy guys, ok."

A week later I was watching Ace of Cakes with my family. If you aren't familiar with Ace of Cakes, it's a show about a place that make those huge cakes that look like art. On this episode they were making the Lost 100th episode cake. One of the cake makers Geof is way monotone and reacts to anything the same way, with no emotion. I am totally crushing on Geof too. You may wonder why? Definitely not the best looking guy around but he is super smart. Which is super sexy. Pull out some random knowledge and I will bask in your hotness. Anyways back to the point. We were watching and every time they would show Geof I would say "I love Geof!" and every time they showed Daniel Faraday I would say "I love Daniel Faraday!" Eventually this is what happened.

Dad: "You like ugly guys, Bec."

Mom: "No, she likes intelligent guys."

Becca: "Thanks, mom." Then goes off on how smart Geof is.

Thanks for helping my point out, dad! And IN YOUR FACE!

1 comment:

Max and Maureen said...

I'm totally dig nerds! I've always had a little thing for nerdy guys!!! I think its sweet!!! I'm giving this 4 thumbs up!!!